Discover the Adirondacks year-round
It’s always the right time to enjoy outdoor activities in Lake Placid! Each season offers unique opportunities to discover the beauty and ruggedness that is purely Adirondack.
Summer and fall
- Take part in the area's most popular activity and explore miles of marked hiking trails.
- Kayak, canoe, or paddleboard on Mirror Lake.
- Sleep under the stars at a primitive backcountry campsite or rent a spot at a campground.
- Road bike a panoramic mountain loop.
- Rock climb a rugged Adirondack cliff to that incredible one-of-a-kind view.
Winter and spring
- Ski and snowboard on the slopes of Whiteface Mountain and in the expansive Adirondack backcountry.
- Cross-country ski or snowshoe the miles of scenic trails in and around the area.
- Ice skate on the historic Olympic Oval or enjoy a friendly game of hockey on Mirror Lake.
- Ice climb using crampons and ice axes, or watch climbers from around the region scale the frozen rocks.
- Explore the area's vast ice fishing paradise.