Activities for everyone
When visiting Lake Placid, there are so many activities to enjoy, the only question is where to begin? Maybe it’s visiting the Olympic venues, taking a hike, or spending the day splashing and swimming at the public beach on Mirror Lake. Whether you have a few free hours or a few free days, Lake Placid is a wonderful place to spend quality time making memories.
Educational, awesome, and just plain fun
- Situated in the heart of Lake Placid village, Mirror Lake offers family-friendly activities in all seasons, all within walking distance to restaurants and shopping.
- High Falls Gorge is one of the Adirondack's most beautiful natural attractions. Walk the bridges, take a trek through the trails, and marvel at the falls all around! And best of all, it's open in every season!
- Explore more natural beauty at The Wild Center in Tupper Lake and the Adirondack Wildlife Refuge in Wilmington! The Wild Center is home to river otters, fish, birds, and fascinating interactive exhibits inside and out. The tree-high Wild Walk is a hoot! At the Adirondack Wildlife Refuge, stroll through pine forest to see and learn about wildlife in their natural environment.
- For a taste of history, we love the John Brown Farm State Historic Site — it's the former home of abolitionist John Brown and the property's trails are absolutely gorgeous. Other great, easy hiking options include the Heaven Hill Trails and the Brewster Peninsula Trails. All three spots are just a short drive from downtown!
- Looking for another fun and challenging adventure? Consider fishing with your family in the Lake Placid region!
Dogs are family, too
If your family includes a furry friend, the village of Lake Placid is a great place for dogs and offers many pet-friendly lodging options.
Events, shopping, and dining for the whole family
If you're searching for cultural and athletic events, well, you're certain to find something of interest during your stay. After a day of seeing the sights, we hope you'll enjoy a meal at one of Lake Placid’s various restaurants, stroll the downtown shops, and find a place to call home for the evening.