Flavors and fun converge in Lake Placid for the annual I Love BBQ and Music Festival
Pro wrestling, craft beer, buck-a-rib, car show, kid’s stuff, BMX bikes, and more!
The 16th Annual I Love BBQ and Music Festival (ILBBQF) is set for Sept. 2-4, 2022, at the North Elba Show Grounds on Route 73 in Lake Placid (across from the Ski Jumps).
The BBQ competition is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS), the world’s largest organization of barbecue and grilling enthusiasts. As a result, there will be competitions in a number of categories as approximately 40 professional barbecue teams vie to be named grand championship. Meanwhile, visitors can expect the top regional bands to entertain under a tent over the three days. In addition to the return of the ever-popular Buck-a-Rib, the 3-day festival also will include kid’s attractions arts and crafts, vendor exposition, food demonstrations, food tasting, Krusher Stunt Team Free Style BMX bikes show, professional wrestling shows, and celebrity appearances.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, September 2, 2022
- 11:30 a.m. — Gates open
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:10 p.m. — National Anthem of USA and Canada
- 5:00 p.m. - 5:40 p.m. — Top chef food presentation TBA
- 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.— KCBS steak competition
- 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. — Music Performance by Gibson Brothers
- 9:00 p.m. — Doors close
Saturday, September 3, 2022
- 11:30 a.m. — Gates open
- 11:00 a.m. — Celebrity judges meeting with Master Judges Linda and Jerry Mullane at the VIP building
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 p.m. —The Best Ribs in the East People’s/Buck a Rib - Choice Award; Pay $1 get 1 rib (public tasting event – ribs prepared by competitive teams)
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. —Freestyle BMX bikes Krusher stunt team performance
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. — Performance Arts Connection presents professional wrestling with stars like Crusher Bigelow (Hardcore Icon), Scrap-Iron (The Iron Man of PAC), and others.
- 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. —Turn in time for Quinn Family Barbecue and Hot Sauce Competition
- 6:30 p.m. — All teams participating in KCBS Competition meet with KCBS Master Judges at the VIP building
- 6:00 p.m. - 6:20 p.m. — Freestyle BMX bikes Krusher stunt team performance
- 7:00 p.m. – Award Ceremonies – The Pulled Pork competition, The Best Ribs in the East competition, Quinn Family Barbecue & Hot Sauce Competition, KCBS Steak competition
- 8:00 p.m. – Doors Close
Sunday, September 4, 2022
- 9:00 a.m. - Judges Sign in for KCBS contest at the VIP building
- 10:15 a.m. (mandatory) judges for KCBC contest must be in the judging area for their seat assignment. You must be present inside the judging area at that time or you will not be seated.
- 10:30 a.m. Judges meeting with KCBS Master Judges Lois Weidner and Bob Mckee
- 11:30 a.m. – Gates open
- 11:55 a.m. – Judging begins
- KCBS sanctioned event begins
- 12:00 p.m. – CHICKEN TURN-IN
- 12:30 p.m. – RIBS TURN-IN
- 1:00 p.m. – PORK BUTT / SHOULDER TURN-IN
- 1:30 p.m. – BEEF BRISKET TURN-IN
- 1-1:20 p.m. – Freestyle BMX Bikes Krusher stunt team performance
- 1:20 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. – Performance Arts Connection presents professional wrestling with stars like Crusher Bigelow (Hardcore Icon), Scrap-Iron (The Iron Man of PAC), and others.
- 4:30 p.m. – Award ceremonies and raffle drawing
- 5:00 p.m. – ILBBQF event is over, but gates to remain open for food sales until vendors close.
- All-day children’s fun inflatable attractions
- Food, beverages and other vendors
- A daily lineup of amazing musical performances
The 3-day festival raises needed funds for the Shipman Youth Center in Lake Placid and is organized by USA Luge as a give-back to the community for the past 15 years. The Shipman Youth Center (SYC) is a not-for-profit community organization providing support to children and youth ages 10-18.
A complete list of activities and schedules for the weekend can be found on the home page of www.ilbbqf.com.