Experience Natural Beauty Inside & Out
The Conference Center in Lake Placid is an absolutely unique place to showcase and highlight for meeting planners due to it's sustainable design and practices. Attendees and planners alike find the green practices set in the beautiful nature of the Adirondacks a perfect fit for conferences and events. The Conference Center's grand opening was in 2011, boasting the highest quality standards in environmental conscience and best practices.
Highlights of the Conference Center Green Initiatives
Built with sustainable materials, copper accents, local granite and rich textiles the conference center provides a visual treat in itself. Open for tours, including those which can be integrated into your meeting, guests find the Conference Center a visual delight and ultimately complete experience in destination meetings and events. View our tour to get a feel for all the center has to offer.
Our green design includes:
- White roof membrane
- Designed to blend with the landscape flawlessly
- Exterior lighting designed to reduce pollution
- Landscaping plan developed to limit irrigation
- Energy efficient heating, ventilation and cooling systems
- Highest level of insulation and triple glazed windows
- 20% Green power purchased to run the center
- Lighting and heating/cooling censors
- Finish woodwork grown, limbered and milled locally
- Daylight light harvesting and maximum amount of windows for natural lighting accenting sweeping views
Other areas of best practice
- Low fume emitting carpets and fabrics, including chairs and linens
- Materials for build were partially recycled materials
- Community outreach and education
- Group tours
- Harvest lighting
- China and bamboo serve ware
- LEED Gold Certified
- Opportunities for groups to engage in sustainable activities!
Contact our Conference Center staff to learn more about our green practices and how your group can best utilize our state of the art venue. Visit our sustainable lodging page to view hotels and resorts in our area awarded for their eco conscience innovations and accommodations.