It's all downhill from here
In Lake Placid, we take winter fun seriously. No matter your choice of ride, we have the excitement and the altitude you've been dreaming of!
You'll definitely want to check out Lake Placid's famous toboggan chute, a converted ski jump trestle. At 30 feet high, it's the best fun going and sends riders coasting 1,000 feet or more across frozen Mirror Lake. For added thrills, visit nearby Mount Pisgah for some epic snow tubing, where you'll find two runs and a rope tow back to the top of the slope.
Lake Placid Toboggan Chute
The Lake Placid toboggan chute, operated by the North Elba Park District, is located at 31 Parkside Drive, adjacent to the US Post Office.
Some things to know before you go:
- The toboggan chute is open for operation only when the weather permits.
- Dress appropriately for winter outdoor adventure. It is recommended that you wear durable pants that can withstand some friction when sliding down the chute (not your expensive ski pants).
- The cost is $15 for adults and $10 for students and includes toboggan rental and unlimited rides per session. Each toboggan can hold 2-4 people.
- Reservations are not needed. Purchase tickets on-site. CASH ONLY is accepted at the toboggan chute.
- Visit the North Elba Park District's toboggan chute website to check for additional information and for hours of operation.