Lake Placid, Adirondacks, USA
Play in the Adirondack Snow & Visit Lake Placid - America's First Winter Resort
For over a century, guests have come to Lake Placid to experience its cozy alpine charm and enjoy a variety of winter activities. Skiing and riding, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, tubing, ice climbing and even bobsledding are just a sampling of the many ways to enjoy winter in the Adirondacks. And after a day of outdoor adventure, relax by the warmth of a fireplace, sip hot cocoa, and plan your next perfect day in Lake Placid!
Endless Adventure and Fun Await
Enjoy one of these tried and tested, fun wintertime activities...
- Ski or ride the greatest vertical drop in the East on Whiteface Mountain's 87 trails and 288 acres of terrain!
- Challenge yourself in the great outdoors of the Adirondacks on an ice climbing trek.
- Explore the vast Adirondack Park on snowshoes or backcountry skis.
- Ice skate or Nordic skate miles of frozen water on Lake Placid's lakes and ponds.
- Go for the gold at Olympic sites, experience bobsledding and see Olympians and athletes in training.
Lake Placid's Winter Events
A day of Adirondack winter activities might include any number of great winter events in Lake Placid. From the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll, to ice skating competitions and the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival, there are plenty of family-friendly events to fill your schedule!
Invent Your Own Perfect Day
Dream your perfect day in Lake Placid and plan your getaway today – browse a variety Lake Placid hotels and lodging options.