Lake Placid, Adirondacks, USA
Winter in the Adirondacks & Visit Lake Placid
Travelers come to Lake Placid to experience its cozy alpine charm and enjoy a variety of winter vacation activities. Skiing and snowboarding at Whiteface Mountain, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, tubing, ice climbing and even bobsledding are just a sampling of the many ways to enjoy winter in the Adirondacks. Lake Placid is the destination for a family vacation. Of course, after a day of outdoor adventure, relax by the warmth of a fireplace, sip hot cocoa, and start to plan your next perfect day in Lake Placid!
America's First Winter Vacation Resort
Endless adventure and fun await
Enjoy one or all of these tried and tested, fun winter travel activities...
- Ski or ride the greatest vertical drop in the East on Whiteface Mountain's 87 trails and 288 acres of terrain!
- Challenge yourself in the great outdoors of the Adirondacks on an ice climbing trek.
- Explore the vast Adirondack Park on snowshoes, cross country or back country skis.
- Ice skate or Nordic skate miles of frozen water on Lake Placid's lakes and ponds.
- Go for the gold at Olympic sites, experience bobsledding and ski Jumping - See Olympians in training for Sochi Russia Winter Olympics 2014.
- Continue your Triathlete, Marathon and IronMan training
Lake Placid's winter events
A day of Adirondack winter activities might include any number of fun winter events in Lake Placid. From ice skating competitions and the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival, there are plenty of family travel events to fill your schedule! FIBT World Cup Bobsled and Skeleton action heats up the Olympic Bobrun at Mt. Van Hoevenberg on December 13th through 15th. As they are gearing up for Sochi, you’ll be seeing the athletes who will be competing in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, up close and personal.
Invent Your Own Perfect Day
Dream your perfect day in Lake Placid and plan your getaway today – browse a variety Lake Placid hotels and lodging options.