Fun Family Attractions
Enjoy Family-Friendly Entertainment in the Adirondacks
Whether you have a few free hours or several free days on your trip to Lake Placid, discover the great time you and your family can have at a variety of authentic, natural Adirondack attractions.
- Some of America's oldest natural attractions – including Ausable Chasm and High Falls Gorge - offer stunning views of river gorges and provide insight into how water carves its way through the landscape. When the seasons change, so do the views. Explore these attractions on snowshoes or sneakers!
- Explore the wild nature of the Adirondacks at The Wild Center. "Glorious" says The Wall Street Journal and "Stunning" says The New York Times!
- In the warmer months, visit the nearby Adirondack Museum to discover how man settled in wilderness expanses throughout the Adirondacks and learned to live in harmony with the environment.
- A visit to Fort Ticonderoga (America's Fort) and Crown Point can provide a historic trip back in time to the French and Indian War era. You might even find a reenactment taking place!
- When the tracks are clear of snow, it's time to take a ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad and see the beautiful Adirondacks by train.
Top Family Attractions
- Two-time home of the Winter Olympic Games, tour Lake Placid's Olympic sites where you can experience the ski jumps, take a bobsled ride, and, on many occasions, see Olympic athletes train.
- Santa's Workshop has been a beloved family attraction since 1949. This theme park specializes in entertaining kids and the young at heart, with attractions geared toward children 48 inches and smaller. Take a trip back time to this storybook village!
After a day of seeing the sites, enjoy a meal at one of Lake Placid's various kid-friendly restaurants, stroll the downtown shops, and find a cozy place to call home for the evening at one of Lake Placid's many lodging options.
Paradox Bay, Lake Placid, New York