Fun Family Attractions
Enjoy Family-Friendly Entertainment in the Adirondacks
Whether you have a few free hours or several free days on your trip to Lake Placid, discover the great time you and your family can have at a variety of authentic, natural Adirondack attractions.
- Some of America's oldest natural attractions – including Ausable Chasm and High Falls Gorge - offer stunning views of river gorges and provide insight into how water carves its way through the landscape.
- Explore the wild nature of the Adirondacks at The Wild Center. "Glorious" says The Wall Street Journal and "Stunning" says The New York Times!
- Visit the nearby Adirondack Museum to discover how man settled in wilderness expanses throughout the Adirondacks and learned to live in harmony with the environment.
- A visit to Fort Ticonderoga (America's Fort) and Crown Point can provide a historic trip back in time to the French and Indian War era. You might even find a reenactment taking place!
- Take a ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad and see the beautiful Adirondacks by train.
Top Family Attractions
- Two-time home of the Winter Olympic Games, tour Lake Placid's Olympic sites where you can experience the ski jumps, take a bobsled ride, and, on many occasions, see Olympic athletes train.
- Santa's Workshop has been a beloved family attraction since 1949. This theme park specializes in entertaining kids and the young at heart, with attractions geared toward children 48 inches and smaller. Take a trip back time to this storybook village!
After a day of seeing the sites, enjoy a meal at one of Lake Placid's various kid-friendly restaurants, stroll the downtown shops, and find a cozy place to call home for the evening at one of Lake Placid's many lodging options.
Paradox Bay, Lake Placid, New York