Traveling With The Family
Lake Placid family fun
When visiting Lake Placid, New York you'll have so many activities to enjoy, the only question is where to begin? Maybe it’s hiking one of the Adirondack High Peaks, swimming and paddling on Mirror Lake, or a visiting the Olympic venues for a ride in a bobsled. Whether you have a few free hours or a few free days on your trip, discover the great time you and your family can have at a variety of Adirondack activities.
Fun in nature
- Explore the wild nature of the Adirondacks at The Wild Center. A must-see, “Glorious” says The Wall Street Journal and “Stunning” says New York Times!
- Ausable Chasm and High Falls Gorge, two of America's first natural attractions, offer stunning views of the river gorge and provide insight into how water can carve its way through the landscape.
- Visit the nearby Adirondack Museum and learn how man settled these wilderness expanses and learned to live in harmony with the environment.
- A visit to Fort Ticonderoga (American's Fort) and Crown Point can provide a trip to the French and Indian War era. You might even find a reenactment taking place!
- Take a ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, this historic train is a great way for an outing to nearby Saranac Lake, visit the park and Adirondack Carousel, just a short stroll from the Saranac Lake train station.
Dog are family too
If your family includes a furry friend, the village of Lake Placid is a great place for dogs — and offers many pet-friendly lodging options.
Events, shopping, and dining for the whole family
With a variety of cultural and athletic events, you're certain to find something of interest during your stay. After a day of seeing the sites enjoy a meal at one of Lake Placid’s various restaurants, stroll the downtown shops, and find a cozy place to call home for the evening at one Lake Placid’s many lodging options. Take a look at the latest lodging packages and save on your stay.