Lake Placid Family Fun
When you and your family visit Lake Placid, New York in the spring, you'll have so many activities to enjoy, it might be hard to know where start. Teach your kids about our Adirondack history, how to hike in the woods and identify wildlife, flora and fauna, the names of our surrounding mountains and more - memories that will last a lifetime. Besides a hands-on educational experience, the Adirondacks offers a host of family-friendly outdoor activities that will make vacationing in Lake Placid a tradition for many years to come.
10 Popular Lake Placid Spring Activities
- Hike an Adirondack mountain to a panoramic vista, some great short trails include Owl's Head, Cobble or the ever-popular Mt. Jo
- Bike the trails at Whiteface Mountain
- Take a bobsled ride and experience the Olympic Venues -- the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi is less than a year away!
- Shop Main Street, Lake Placid for unique gifts and souvenirs
- Take a leisurely 2.7-mile walk around Mirror Lake
- Learn about the Adirondacks' history and culture at the Adirondack Wild Center
- Visit the castle at the top of Whiteface Mountain's Veteran's Memorial Highway or take a scenic gondola ride
- Explore the waterfalls at High Falls Gorge
- See a show at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- Take a scenic plane ride over the Lake Placid region
With a variety of family friendly events in Lake Placid, there is always something for your kids to do during your stay. Take a look at the latest lodging packages and save on your trip this spring. And if your family includes a furry friend, the village of Lake Placid is a great place for dogs, with lodging options and stores along Main St. being pet-friendly.
The awe-inspiring mountain views provide the ideal backdrop for your next vacation. Make lasting memories in Lake Placid with your children this year, whether you're coming up for a day, a week or an extended stay. So, book a reservation to visit Lake Placid today and invent your own perfect day!