Fun Family Attractions
Lake Placid offers a variety of activities the entire family can enjoy. Access to outdoor recreation, like hiking and swimming, are steps from downtown Lake Placid where you can shop and watch a movie in a historic theater. The family can also visit exciting Olympic landmarks like the towering ski jumps, where an elevator ride to the top will deliver you to a stunning bird’s eye view on the Adirondack region.
- Some of America's oldest natural attractions – including Ausable Chasm and High Falls Gorge - offer stunning views of river gorges and provide insight into how water carves its way through the landscape. When the seasons change, so do the views. Explore these attractions on snowshoes or sneakers!
- Explore the wild nature of the Adirondacks at The Wild Center. "Glorious" says The Wall Street Journal and "Stunning" says The New York Times!
- In the warmer months, visit the nearby Adirondack Museum to discover how man settled in wilderness expanses throughout the Adirondacks and learned to live in harmony with the environment.
- A visit to Fort Ticonderoga (America's Fort) and Crown Point can provide a historic trip back in time to the French and Indian War era. You might even find a reenactment taking place!
- When the tracks are clear of snow, it's time to take a ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad and see the beautiful Adirondacks by train.
Top Family Attractions
- Two-time home of the Winter Olympic Games, tour Lake Placid's Olympic sites where you can experience the ski jumps, take a bobsled ride, and, on many occasions, see Olympic athletes train.
- Santa's Workshop has been a beloved family attraction since 1949. This theme park specializes in entertaining kids and the young at heart, with attractions geared toward children 48 inches and smaller. Take a trip back time to this storybook village!
After a day of seeing the sites, enjoy a meal at one of Lake Placid's various kid-friendly restaurants, stroll the downtown shops, and find a cozy place to call home for the evening at one of Lake Placid's many lodging options.
ADK Aquatics - Watersports & Boat Tours
Location: 35 Victor Herbert Rd., Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 524-9767
Uihlein Sugar Maple Station
Location: 157 Bear Cub Lane, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-9337
Location: 102 Fort Ti Road, Ticonderoga, New York
Phone: (518) 585-2821
Location: 324 Whiteface Memorial Highway, Wilmington, New York
Phone: (518) 946-2212
Ausable Chasm Disc Golf Course
Location: 2144 Route 9N, Au Sable Chasm, New York
Phone: (518) 834-9990
Lake Placid Boat Tours & Marina
Location: Mirror Lake Drive, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-9704
Location: 4948 Cascade Road, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 524-7944
High Peaks Cyclery Rock Climbing Gym and Yoga/Fitness Studio
Location: 2733 Main Street, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-3764
Peak Edge Performance - Skating With Olympians
Location: Please call to schedule time and location, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-8706
Saranac Laboratory Museum
Location: 89 Church St, Saranac Lake, New York
Phone: (518) 891-4606
Adirondack Heli Tours
Location: 27 Airport Road, Lake Placid, New York
Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf
Location: 1980 Saranac Avenue, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-5478
Lake Placid Tours by Dmitry Feld
Location: New York, New York
Phone: (518) 637-1593
Location: 2430 Main Street, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 523-9271
Location: 1117 Route 9N, Keeseville, New York
Phone: (518) 524-9614
Essex County Fish Hatchery
Location: Creek Rd. (County Rte 2), Crown Point, New York
Phone: (518) 597-3844
Boots & Birdies
Location: 1991 Saranac Avenue, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 837-5309
Adirondack Experience, the Museum on Blue Mountain Lake
Location: 9097 State Route 30, Blue Mountain Lake, New York
Phone: (518) 352-7311
Merriloons the Clown Entertainment, LLC
Location: 17 Signor Lane, Jay, New York
Phone: (862) 432-9765
Location: Main Street, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 524-7890
SUP LP @ Locker Room 5
Location: 2573 Main St, Lake Placid, New York
Phone: (518) 302-5549
Emerald Springs Adk Ranch
Location: 651 State Rte. 186, Saranac Lake, New York
Phone: (518) 891-3727
The Wild Center
Location: 45 Museum Drive, Tupper Lake, New York
Phone: (518) 359-7800