Discover the full-service ski area for children, Kids Kampus at Whiteface Mountain
Safety and Convenience
Kids Kampus is tucked away from Whiteface Mountain's main side providing a unique and safe learning environment; complete with it's own lift and trail system, beautiful log cabin lodge (full of everything you'd expect in a ski lodge), parking and complimentary shuttle service. This is an ideal place for children to learn and provides convenient solutions for families to get the most out of their trip to Whiteface.
- The Bear's Den Nursery - non-skiing children, ages 1-6 can spend the day at the mountain and have a full day care experience.
- Everyone can ski at their own level and enjoy all that Whiteface has to offer
- Kids Kampus programs allow parents their own time to enjoy the mountain and explore the trails at Whiteface
- Families with multiple children have options for children at different levels of ability or who are too young to ski
- Half-day programs available -
- Ski 1/2 day as a family and 1/2 day in program
- Children at 2 different ability levels? - Ski the morning with one and the afternoon with the other!
Kids Kampus Highlights
- The Kids Kampus Lodge, a beautiful newly build log cabin lodge
- One stop lift tickets, lessons and rentals (for the whole family!! – everyone can get their rentals and lift tickets here)
- Parking, it's own nearby lot(s) separate from the rest of the mountain
- Black Bear Café, with food, drinks and snacks geared towards kids
- Ski Shop, small but just right for any incidentals you may need or have forgotten
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Main Lodge
- The Bunny Hutch chair lift
- Carpet Cruiser, carpeted moving sidewalk for new and young skiers and riders
- Riglet Park, an extra small terrain park for young riders age 3-6
- The Bear's Den Nursery, a supervised play area for children ages 1-6 (non-skiing)
Full Day / Half Day* Programs:
- Reservations recommended, especially on holidays
- Morning and afternoon sessions, all ability levels
- Children are grouped according to ability
* no half-day options offered on holidays
- Ages 1-6, non-skiing - Bear's Den Nursery
- Ages 3-6, snowboarding - Riglet Park Program
- Ages 4-6 - Play-N-Ski, skiing and bear's den
- Ages 7-12 - Junior Adventure Program
- Ages 13-16 - Teen Experience (full day only)
Season Long Programs*:
- Future Medalist Program, Ages 4-6
- Cloudsplitter Club, Ages 7-12
- Cloudsplitter Teen Club, Ages 13-16
*Available select dates
- Prepare your child(ren) - if this is your first visit to Kids Kampus, remember that dropping your child off in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people can be hard, preparing your child(ren) along with a good breakfast and early arrival can help.
- Check ski/snowboard gear before arriving (especially if you are borrowing a friend's) make sure it fits and is safe
- Ski socks are a must - ski boots are plastic and cold – cotton socks can be unsafe for young children (they sell these in the ski shop if you don't have any)
- Helmets are required for ages 12 and under – don't worry they rent these if you don't have one. (All rental packages include helmets)
- Keep your child warm and wind/waterproof, make sure they have eyewear (goggles), sunscreen, lip protection, and a neck warmer and label all belongings.
- Allow plenty of time for paperwork and check-in.
Best Kept Secret
Whiteface Mountain offers an inexpensive ski and ride club for mom's. The program is offered on select Fridays and includes child care at Kids Kampus. Meet Friday morning, drop your children at Kids Kampus and spend the morning skiing and riding at Whiteface! 2012 dates: Jan 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8. Cost: $99 for program, $149 to add 5 lift tickets to program price. Time: 9:30 - noon, with the option to ski and ride the afternoon for $25 additional.