Lake Placid, Adirondacks USA – The 6th annual Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll festivities will be celebrated December 6 - 8, 2013. Lake Placid is prepped and ready for a festive weekend of boutique village shopping, fun family events, arts and entertainment in an authentic winter wonderland.
New events and activities this year include:
- The Nutcracker Ballet at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- New children’s crafts, including ornament making
- Super Sunday at Whiteface Mountain
- "Holiday Dreams on Ice" Skating Show at the Olympic Center, featuring future Olympic hopefuls, past Olympians and a tribute to skater Sonia Henie on the same ice where she earned an Olympic Gold in 1932.
From artist exhibitions to children’s activities and special events, the Holiday Stroll is designed with families and couples in mind. Highlights for the weekend include:
- The Jingle Bell 5K Walk/Run benefitting Adirondack Health’s “Fit for Life”
- Traditional Yule Log hunt and Christmas tree lighting on the shores of Mirror Lake
- Free showings of The Polar Express at the nostalgic Palace Theatre
- Free holiday story time, craft making, and candy house making
- Free wine tastings, gift wrapping and local store promotions
- The arrival of Santa via fire truck on Main Street
For travelers looking to enjoy the holiday season affordably, numerous Lake Placid hotels are offering festive LODGING PACKAGES to complement the weekend-long event. Download the complete MAP and SCHEDULE (PDF).