Lake Placid holiday decorating contest winners announced
LAKE PLACID - The Lake Placid holiday decorating contest committee is pleased to announce this year's winners!
2012 Lake Placid Holiday Decorating Contest Winners
BEST IN SHOW - Mirror Lake Inn
RETAIL WINDOW - Adirondack Decorative Arts & Crafts
CIVIC PROPERTY - Mid's Park
- RESORT - Whiteface Lodge
- MOTELS & INNS - Adirondack Inn
- B & B's - The Stagecoach Inn
- Classic Elegance - The Tuthills, Swiss Road
- Children's Delight - Angela and Charlie Hoffman, Old Military Rd
- Most Creative - Sandy Mihill - Jersey Drive
COMMERCIAL - Dr. David Ballestrini, Saranac Avenue
RESTAURANT - Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood
BEST NEW DISPLAY - Carol Mickalonis and Geri Mitchell, Mill Pond Drive
BEST USE OF SPACE - The Good Bite Kitchen - Main Street
- Retail Center Outpost Plaza - the trio of UPS Store, Outpost Wine & Spirits & Cafe Rustica
- Larry and Nancy Master - Mirror Lake Drive
A panel of 9 judges annually selects the properties whose decorations, in their collective opinion, represent the best of Lake Placid. Judges are volunteer representatives from the The Lake Placid Business Association, The Lake Placid Beautification Association and the Lake Placid Garden Club, as well as the community at large. The committee is supported by staff from the Lake Placid CVB, which provides funding for the annual awards.
This year's awards will be presented to the winners at the Holiday Village Stroll Christmas Tree Lighting celebration in Mid's Park at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 8.
PHOTO: Gingerbread House, Hoffman's on Old Military Road