NORTHSTAR Invitational Lacrosse Tournament
We believe that individuals are products of their environment, their experiences, their teams, and their families - both immediate and extended.
From that simple concept, and what it means to us, the Northstar Invitational was established in 2012. Northstar fosters unique, positive, and productive environments to offer valuable developmental experiences and resources to talented young women, who become part of the Northstar Lacrosse family, and will become our next generation of leaders. The Northstar mission has evolved from a single Invitational Camp to a portfolio of Northstar events. At each stop, we aim to introduce the next generation of female student athletes to a network of confident, successful, and passionate individuals who will play a role in helping them to achieve their dreams, on and off the lacrosse field.
- (1) Northstar Performance Index (NPI): The NPI tests speed, agility, endurance, and general athletic capacity. The NPI is conducted by Northstar Sports Performance Director, Ron Greenfield, who has trained many successful collegiate athletes, to include elite women's lacrosse players.
- (1) Small-Sided Session: Combines even strength, man down / man up situations to showcase athletes’ stick work, decision-making, ability to play both offense and defense, and spatial awareness.
- (9) Full-Field Games: Games will be refereed, and will culminate in a Northstar Championship.
- (3-4) Off-Field Development Sessions: Leadership, Mental Fitness, Sports Performance, Elite Athlete Speaker(s), Adventure, Next Level Preparation.
- For full-field games, athletes are broken into [mixed graduation year] teams of 15-17 (to include a goalie), and remain in their teams for the week.
- For small-sided games, athletes are broken into small-sided teams by graduation year, giving players the opportunity to showcase their talent, relative to players in their class.
- Each team has two dedicated coaches, who are high-level collegiate player(s), and/or experienced HS/club coaches.
- We make every effort to invite athletes to create an appropriate split of attackers, middies, and defenders, while maintaining our primary goal of collecting the highest level student athletes in the country. We believe that college coaches are impressed with an athlete who can play both offense and defense, especially as a middie.
- We highly encourage and create an environment to value team play and high-level fun, rather than individual showcase.