220 Bobsled Run Lane, Lake Placid
Conquer the Castle trifecta with a Fall weekend of Nordic events at the world-renowned Lake Placid Olympic Sites! Mt Van Hoevenberg’s Keys To The Castle race kicks off the weekend on Saturday, September 24.
You’ll battle for a spot on the podium to earn the “Keys To The Castle” by roller skiing the World Cup trails in an epic race of endurance and speed. As if that’s not enough, afterward, take to the range with the intense precision of rifle marksmanship in a Biathlon Super Sprint.
On Sunday, take to the sky in the NYSEF Climb to the Castle race. Ascending the 8% grade 13 km of the Whiteface Veterans Memorial Highway is not a task for the faint of heart, certainly not on roller skis! Do you think you have what it takes for this grueling course? Join us for a fun and challenging weekend of competition and see how you stack up. Not up for competing–come for the experience of cheering on and being inspired by some amazing athletes competing in one of the most beautiful backdrops of mountains and forest at the Lake Placid Legacy Sites.
- Sep 24 — 25, 2022
Saturday, Sept 24 | Keys To The Castle | Mt Van Hoevenberg
- 9:00 – 10:00 Loop open for warm up
- 10:00 – 10:30 U18/U16 Boy 4.5k Criterium
- 10:00 – 12:00 Kids Bouldering Comp
- 10:00 – 6:00 Food Truck
- 10:30 – 11:00 U18/U16 Girl 4.5k Criterium
- 11:00 – 11:30 U20/Senior Men 7k Criterium
- 11:30 – 12:00 U20/Senior Women 7k Criterium
- 12:15 – 1:15 BKL Skills Zone NYSSRA Meetings
- Josies Open USBA Meetings
- 1:00 pm Spartan Test Run
- 1:00 pm winter programs Sign up for
Saturday, Sept 24 | Biathlon | Mt Van Hoevenberg
- 1:30 Biathlon Zero
- 2:00 Biathlon Super Sprint
- 5:00 Head to Head 80m Sprints and BBQ
- 6:00 Awards
Sunday, Sept 25 | Climb To The Castle | Whiteface Veterans’ Memorial Highway