I Love BBQ & Music Festival
July 7–9, 2017
This annual event attracts the best BBQ competitors in the country and continues to grow in popularity year after year. The tasty event days are filled with sampling opportunities, food and beverage concessions, children's activities, live entertainment, and more!
Now in its 11th year, the Shipman Youth Center, together with assistance of USA Luge, organizes this annual festival. Rated one of the top 10 BBQ festivals in the United States by Delish.com, and one of the top 20 by the Kansas City Barbecue Socitey, the competition offers approximately $9,000 in cash prizes, the most ever for this event.
Food provided by professional BBQ teams
Attendees can sample many BBQ delicacies over the course of the weekend:
- Pulled Pork tasting, $3 per person (Saturday, July 2 only)
- Rib Fest, $3 per person (Sunday, July 3 only)
- TOP CHEF competition — all day, beginning at noon on Sunday, July 3.
- All three days, barbecue food will be sold by three food vendors. There will be pulled pork, beef brisket, chicken, turkey, and more.
Entertainment and activities
While the 2017 schedule hasn't been announced yet (we'll post as soon as it is) - here's an idea of the fun we had in 2016!
- FMX Freestyle Motocross Stunt Show
- Sven Curth
- Larry Stone and the Stoneground Express
- More music will be announced — stay tuned!
- Krusher BMX Stunt Team — a two day, high energy BMX bike and in-line skating exhibition
- Kids' bounce house
- Face painting
- Coconut climbing trees
- DYNAMITE the mechanical bull
Entertainment takes place in the Big Top at the north end of the Oval. Some of the best in regional and nationally-known bands have played at the I Love BBQ and Music Festival. Entertainment runs throughout each day beginning in early afternoon and lasting into the evening hours.
For more information, visit www.ilbbqf.com.