Lake Clear Lodge Adirondack Alps Restaurant & Ein Stein Pub
Escape to an Adirondack Culinary Alternative
Savor a vanishing, original Great Camp dining experience where your table is our 25 acres of lake and history, a tasting journey of Adirondack culinary history. Create your own experience:
- Begin your journey in one of the last of its kind: an original Adirondack lodge.
- Explore a USA TODAY featured beer cellar, and sample a History of Beer Workshop.
- With glass in hand, meander to our private beach on secluded Lake Clear, where Einstein relaxed and soak in a spectacular mountain-lake sunset.
- Retreat to our Lake-view Great Camp or 1886 hand-hewn dining room where a Farm-to-fork inspired Great Camp dinner fused with Old World flair awaits.
- Become inspired with the evenings 30-minute cooking demos
Create Your own Adirondack Great Camp Culinary Experience
Great Camp Dinner
A forgotten Adirondack experience comes back to life. This 3 course meal includes our nightly soup, salad and choice of main entrée. Sample entrée choices include: our famous Schnitzels, grass-fed Beef Stroganoff, Wild Caught Salmon, and Lodge Smoked Pork.
History of Adirondack Food
Journey through the eras from the Native Americans and Pioneers to the Cure Cottages and Grand Hotels. Finish off with today’s Farm-to-Fork and tomorrow’s Superfoods. Our 5 eras of history come alive as your 5 course tasting is paired with demonstrations, displays, trivia and tasting notes.
Ein Stein Pub
This relaxed, one plate meal is the perfect way to be introduced to our heritage cuisine. Begin your evening with soft baked pretzels and our famous mustard. Some seasonal dinner options include our famous Chicken Schnitzel, Vegetable Napoleon, and more!
Special Adirondack Heritage Activities
Add on to your culinary experience! Each night we’re open, we offer two unique activities:
History of Beer Workshop & Tasting
Join Ernest Hohmeyer for a 30-minute experience about the history of beer, replete with a tasting of various beers through the centuries and around the world. The topic changes monthly, corresponding with seasonal beers and trends.
Traditional Foods Cooking Demo
Join Chef Cathy for the evening’s specialized cooking demo. For 30 minutes, she will share one of the secrets of her Old World, Superfood philosophy and open the door to her many wellness cooking techniques.
*Reservations and sign up required for all experiences and activities. Please call or email ahead. Thank you!