Après-Ski Lake Placid - some cozy spots after your day of skiing and riding Whiteface
Après-ski (French: after skiing) refers to going out, having drinks, dancing, and generally socializing after skiing. It is popular in the Alps, where skiers often stop at bars on their last run of the day while still wearing all their ski gear.
Lake Placid has so many great après-ski spots it’s hard to pick which to write about, yet alone pick a favorite. While any day of the week is a great time to stop into any of these establishments, it’s fun to know the local’s scoop. This should get you started:
Monday Wing Night
Seasonal Specialty Drink: Tom & Jerry - Mount Gay, T & J Batter, Milk, Topped with Whipped Cream, Frangelico & Cinnamon
A favorite locals night and great place to hang out. Monday night info - wing night is limited to bar area only, you can order by the wing - mix it up with four flavors to choose from - Buffalo (in mild, medium and hot), Teriyaki, Greek and BBQ.
- Wednesday 2 for 1 can night on select cans (PBR, Utica Club, Yuengling and Goose Island 312)
- Daily specials including burger of the day
Lake Placid Pub and Brewery
Tuesday Night Twofers – two of the pub’s homebrews for the price of one.
Signature Beer: UBU Ale
- The downstairs has a daily happy hour from 3:30-6:00pm
Kanu Lounge at the Whiteface Lodge
Burger and Beer Night
Seasonal Signature Drink: Campfire - Makers Mark Bourbon, Maple Water, Rolf’s Apple Cider, Lemon, Compass Box ‘Peat Monster’ Scotch, Fresh Sage
Cozy couches, fireplaces, scrabble, lean-tos with drink and menu service, outdoor fire pit, 6:30-9:30pm smores on the Terrace, International cigars (can be smoked after 9:30pm on the Terrace), live music Fridays & Saturdays 7-10:30 pm – this place has so much fun stuff, it could have an article to itself – a must see, check it out for yourself!
The Whiteface Lodge offers complimentary valet service - pull up and they will give you a ticket - then when you are ready to leave just give that ticket to your server and they will have your car waiting for you!
Trivia Night - play anytime, drink and food specials start at 4pm, prize round starts at 8pm
Seasonal Specialty Drink: The Fireside - 360 organic chocolate vodka, cinnamon, cayenne and hot chocolate topped with whipped cream
- Happy Hour 4-7 pm with food and drink specials Thursday – Saturday (and this Sunday)
- Build your own cheese fries Fridays starting at 4pm
- 10 Signature Bloody Mary Drinks, it’s hard to choose a favorite!
- When it’s snowing they have drink specials!
Other Great Deals
Owned by the family of 2010 Vancouver Olympic Alpine Skiing Bronze Medalist, Andrew Weibrecht – can you think of a better place to après?
Signature winter drink: Mapletini
- Late Night Happy Hour 9-11pm
- Happy Hour M-F 5-7
- Taco Tuesday 5-7pm complimentary taco bar and $4 margaritas (will start after the holidays)
- Wine Wednesday from 5-7 select wines $4
- Thursday night local night 20% entrees from 5-10pm and drink specials
Signature drink: Pain Killer
- Daily Happy Hour 4-7pm with Après Ski Menu
Dancing Bears Lounge (also known as the DBL)
Specialty Drink: The Santanoni "Root BEAR Float" - Root beer, vanilla vodka, and amaretto
- Daily Happy Hour 4-7pm
- Happy Hour Après Ski Menu (starting Jan 1)
Seasonal Specialty Drink: Muddy Bayou – Carmel Vodka, Butterscotch Schnapps and Hot Chocolate
- Daily Happy Hour Specials 4-7pm - each day is different so check'em out!
- Sunday's - Easy Like Sunday Morning
- Every Hour Happy Hour Mondays
- Honky Tonk Tuesdays
- Whiskey Wednesdays
- Thirsty Thursdays (deals on pitchers, fish bowls and buckets)
- Friday $5 Any New Orleans Beers
- Southern Fried Live Saturdays - wear an article of clothing with an SEC logo on it, buy 1 get 1
- Wednesday Open Mic Night - locals' favorite
- Friday and Saturday Live Music
- In-House Smoker – try the rib sampler! They smoke it on their roof - smell it on Main Street.
Well, what are you waiting for! Ski season's here - book your ski and stay package today!