Lake Placid, Adirondacks
Winter in the Adirondacks
Visit Lake Placid
Travelers come to Lake Placid NY from all over the world to experience cozy alpine charm and a variety vacation activities in our all season resort town. Skiing and snowboarding at Whiteface Mountain, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, tubing, ice climbing and even bobsledding are just a sampling of the many ways to enjoy winter in the Adirondacks. The perfect destination for a family vacation, Lake Placid hotels, resorts and accommodations offer travel amenities to enhance your stay. Of course, after a day of outdoor adventure, relax by the warmth of a fireplace, sip hot cocoa, and start to plan your next perfect day in Lake Placid!
Endless adventure & fun await
Enjoy one or all of these tried and tested, fun travel activities...
- Challenge yourself in the great outdoors of the Adirondacks on an ice climbing trek.
- Explore the vast Adirondack Park on snowshoes, cross country or back country skis.
- Ice skate or Nordic skate miles of frozen water on Lake Placid's lakes and ponds.
- Go for the gold at Olympic sites, experience bobsledding and ski Jumping
- Continue your Triathlete, Marathon and IronMan training on our running and biking routes
- Explore Lake Placid golf courses and prepare for your spring and summer vacation
Lake Placid's events
A day of activities in the Adirondacks might include any number of fun events in Lake Placid. From ice skating competitions, sporting events, to festivals and shows for everyone to enjoy- there are plenty of family travel events to fill your schedule!
Plan your spring and summer vacation
The timing couldn't be better to plan your vacation to Lake Placid and the Adirondacks. Golf and hiking season is just around the corner along with the long days of summer full of fun on the lake and outdoors. Dream up your perfect day in Lake Placid and plan your getaway today – browse a variety Lake Placid hotels and lodging options.
Invent Your Own Perfect Day!