Lake Placid, Adirondacks
Winter in the Adirondacks
Visit Lake Placid
Travelers come to Lake Placid NY from all over the world to experience cozy alpine charm and a variety vacation activities in our all season resort town. Skiing and snowboarding at Whiteface Mountain, snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, tubing, ice climbing and even bobsledding are just a sampling of the many ways to enjoy winter in the Adirondacks. The perfect destination for a family vacation, Lake Placid hotels, resorts and accommodations offer travel amenities to enhance your stay. Of course, after a day of outdoor adventure, relax by the warmth of a fireplace, sip hot cocoa, and start to plan your next perfect day in Lake Placid!
Endless adventure & fun await
Enjoy one or all of these tried and tested, fun travel activities...
- Challenge yourself in the great outdoors of the Adirondacks on an ice climbing trek.
- Explore the vast Adirondack Park on snowshoes, cross country or back country skis.
- Ice skate or Nordic skate miles of frozen water on Lake Placid's lakes and ponds.
- Go for the gold at Olympic sites, experience bobsledding and ski Jumping
- Continue your Triathlete, Marathon and IronMan training on our running and biking routes
- Explore Lake Placid golf courses and prepare for your spring and summer vacation
Lake Placid's winter events
A day of Adirondack winter activities might include any number of fun winter events in Lake Placid. From ice skating competitions, sporting events, to festivals and shows for evenyone to enjoy- there are plenty of family travel events to fill your schedule!
Invent Your Own Perfect Day
Dream your perfect day in Lake Placid and plan your getaway today – browse a variety Lake Placid hotels and lodging options.